Monday, January 31, 2011

Nj Ny Drivers License



Gang Of Four - Content

If someone ask me at what bands I would bekennnen despite a ripe old age, a real fan Tum and accordingly rather uncritical Komplettismus tend noticed me exactly three Reviews Chic, Talking Heads and even the gang of four from Leeds.
did not take long for me so I hesitated, the fresh album site address, even though I knew only one Vorab-Song/Clip. Joe called Although the usual diplomatic way a "damn song" but because the flavors go well with anything apart ...
Judge for yourselves:

Then when I also read that occur Gang Of Four in March in Cologne Luxor (which was in the heyday of GO4 one of my favorite clubs in Cologne - yes, the bad 80's!) I bought me after some hesitation, of course, in a blind trust a card.
The feeling so excited to wait for a new album, I had honestly not felt for a very long time. A little bit of my excitement was marred only by the somewhat pushy self-promotion of the band on facebook.
(I have of course the Vinyl version ordered, because the CD has the same on board.)

The prior reviews were fairly positive so far, all the critical notes "Gang of Four have remained true to itself, nothing really new and offer sound exactly like earlier my excitement increased even more. Although there are only two heads of the original formation of it, but these are fortunately the sound formative Andy Gill and Jon King.
And Contend actually sounds as if had Gang of Four no 15-year break behind them, as there would have been in recent years, not heaps "GO4-inspired" new bands (which I actually only Radio 4 liked) and the two adit Bags still make Salon-Revoluzzer/zornige old men - and they do well! The new group will play the rhythm-trademark Zappel radio will sound to the point as the main cast, the voice almost unchanged, the beautiful guitar shredder .... Now, it shreds as ever!
I am able to sit still for a second while Contend running - and running right now damn often. So when I
time outside before the whole marketing antics leave me this album actually makes absolutely happy! ... And now I am as happy as Bolle to the gig!
(report follows, of course.)

(K-groove)

0 comments:

Post a Comment